Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Where Have I Been? and Some News...

There is nothing like packing up and escaping to where the sand is powdery white and the water a perfect shade of blue...

Ahem, especially when your own town is in the midst of a terrible, record breaking drought!  Our youngest was so overjoyed to see water in such large quantities that at first he just sat in it for a good five minutes, laughing with glee. That's what a drought will do to ya folks! 

Ah yes, it is good to get away every now and then to a place by the sea...


Sandcastle competitions bring out the kid in all of us....

Note to self:  must plan out every homeschool year from now on while relaxing on a beach somewhere :).

On the home front I have exciting news; our kitchen remodel will be starting soon! We are planning to tackle it ourselves and I look forward to sharing the process with all of you. At the moment I am totally digging  the farmhouse sink with butcher block counter top combo....
 House and Home



We have decided to reuse as much of the current cabinetry as we can so it will be a challenge!  As always The Lettered Cottage is a great source of inspiration. Have you seen what they did to their kitchen?  Fabulous! Love the idea of adding molding to bulk up plain cabinets. 

My computer has yet to arrive from the repair co. so I apologize for the infrequent posting and commenting. The good news is that it should be here some time next week, just in time to share regular updates of our kitchen saga with all of you.J

12 comments:

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

You and your family are sooooo cute! And I love the photo of you and your husband!!!

trininista said...

Great photos!! And I cannot wait to see the new kitchen!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So relaxing! You all look like you had great fun, I'll be checking back for your kitchen posts!

Lauren said...

Can't wait to see all you do in your kitchen. Your inspiration photos are gorgeous! Glad you were able to get away with your family for a nice vacation :)

mylife said...

That looks soooo awesome! What beach is that? I have yet to go to a beach since we married....so looking forward to Hawaii!!

After seeing all the rest of your house, I expect the kitchen to blow me away, as did everything else. :o)
You've got such incredible talent for
that sort of thing!

Mitch

Lisa said...

I'm sure you guys were sad the day y'all had to drive back to Texas. It looks so refreshing and peaceful where y'all stayed. My kids have been asking to go to the beach--any beach--but life has been so hectic this year, we weren't able to make it. I guess we'll just have to wait for next year and try again.
I'm so in love with the farm style sinks as well! I already have a new sink for our remodel but I'm debating if I should splurge & get a farm style instead. I can't wait to be inspired by yet another one of your awesome room makeovers. :)

Stacy said...

Wow! Looks like ya'll had a blast! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away and relax. I can't wait to see what you do with the kitchen. Go to my pinterest account and check out my "Kitchen" board. There are so many beautiful kitchen's with the butcher block counter tops and the farm style sinks. Love you so much and miss you lots.

Cindy said...

It looks like you and your family had a lot of fun at the beach!
Congratulations on starting your kitchen remodel. The only advise that I can give you, after having done it about 18 months ago is, if you want a farmhouse sink, move heaven and earth to get it. I gave in and I did not get one and I really regret it. Also, if you order wrong or if SOMEONE, (the shop), ordered wrong, wait for the one that you really, really want, even if it is back ordered. And you will have the kitchen that you have been dreaming of.
I am looking forward to seeing what and how you are doing with it.
Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Your family is UH-dorable!!! From the photos it looks like your were close to my neck of the woods. (I'm in Destin, FL.) A place your must come visit if you haven't already!! :) Absolutely love your blog and all the goodness that comes from it. Thanks for all the inspiration!!!!
Mandy
mandyatholguin@cox.net

arrielle_p said...

Can't wait to see the new kitchen of yours! :)

philippine real estate

karan said...

Hey There.
I discovered your blog the use of msn.
This is a really well written article.
I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your helpful information.
Thank you for the post. I'll definitely comeback.
You are welcome to my blog
http://goldjewellery2.blogspot.com/

Sulman Aziz said...

Just want to say your article is as astonishing.
The clarity in your post is just great and i can assume you're an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.
Also visit my web Blog
http://www.in2tainment.com/