Friday, August 5, 2011

Dealing With The Unexpected

Last week the hard drive on my computer crashed. Yes, I am still in a state of complete shock. All of my files were lost and I just found out yesterday that because of the type of damage they cannot be recovered. I have spent the last few days trying to take inventory of all the family pictures I have saved on discs to get a better idea of what was only on my computer and consequently now lost forever.
I am sharing a computer with hubby and the boys while I wait for mine to get fixed so, although I have been able to keep up with your lovely blogs, I have not been able to comment or write posts of my own (it is hard when five people are using one computer!) I miss interacting with all of you but hopefully things will return to normal soon.

Having to sift through all of the pictures we have taken over the last five years is the only good thing to come out of this whole hard drive fiasco. The boys and I have been going through them together and we have had a wonderful time reminiscing! Here is one from three years ago when Mr. Z was smack dab in the middle of  'The Terrible Twos' ......


 I caught him in the act and he was so proud of the mess he made that he even showed me his hands!  Um yeah, I never left him alone with chocolate syrup after that one =).

Hope every one has a great weekend and if you are in north Texas don't forget that good ol' fashioned way to beat the heat right in your front yard... sprinkler runs!



9 comments:

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

This is my worst nightmare in regards to my blog and things saved on my computer. Hope it all gets figured out soon. Can't imagine sharing my computer with even one other person let alone 4! Have a great weekend...

Karen said...

Wow I'm so sorry, this is every bloggers nightmare. I hope you're back up and running again real soon.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, you make me break out in a cold sweat!!! I would hate for tis to happen! I back up my computer, but I never know if it is really working!!

Carol

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

My hard drive recently crashed and I needed a new computer too. It's horrible!

Love the photos....the one in the sprinkler is timeless!

Cindy said...

So sorry to hear about your computer troubles. It's so sad to lose photos, too.
What a cute one of Mr. Z! I'm sure he enjoyed seeing that one of himself.
Hugs, Cindy

mylife said...

I remember your old kitchen .... Zach looks like he really enjoyed that! That crinkle-eyed smile is the cutest!

Katie Olthoff said...

I feel your pain, because mine crashed Aug. 2. Broken read/write head. I had all my pictures backed up through March 5, but my precious Isaac was born March 28. I only have a few (of my faves) of him posted on my blog. 3 year old Adam's birthday, first fishing trip on father's day, and the little photoshoot I did of him and Isaac are gone. :(

I'm still in mourning, but coming to terms with it. it's so hard!

Pamela said...

Bless you...hate that you lost so much. These pictures are great though--such fun memories.

Texas is in the news today!

vj lead said...

Buy healthy and vaccinated teacup puppies at a cheap price. We are well -respected breeders and have gained the trust and confidence of many families who have relied on us to help them find the best four-legged companions.

Teacup Puppies For Sale

E-mail: info@premiumteacuppuppies.com